- Active Learning Modules (ALMs)
- Webinar library
- Practice points
- Resources - order
- Free monthly health articles
- Multilingual resources
- Professional development seminars
- Women's health course
Dr Elizabeth Farrell
AM, MBBS, Hon LLD, FRANZCOG, FRCOG
Dr Janine Manwaring
MBBS (Hons), FRANZCOG
Gynaecologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon
Dr Amanda (Marnie) Newman
Download the slides (PDF)
- Clinical practice guidelines on menorrhagia (PDF)
- Research trial: levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system or conventional medical therapy (PDF)
- Terminology and classification of abnormal uterine bleeding
- Consultation essentials
- Investigation and referral
- Management options
- Discuss the latest terminology and systems used to classify menstrual bleeding.
- Identify evidence-based treatment options for the management of heavy menstrual bleeding across the reproductive lifespan.
- Identify conditions and risk factors for hyperplasia/malignancy to ensure that appropriate further investigation and/or specialist referral are carried out.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 87257. It is accredited with 3 category 2 CPD points.
NOTE: This is a Category 2 activity, and does not count towards a GP's RANZCOG accreditation.
Download the RACGP feedback form.
In October 2017, the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care released these resources:
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Clinical Care Standard (PDF)
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Clinical Care Standard Clinician Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Clinical Care Standard Consumer Fact Sheet (PDF)
These resources were referred to during the webinar for further reading and information:
- Medical Observer article: heavy bleeding examined (PDF)
- NICE guideline for heavy menstrual bleeding: assessment and management (PDF)
- NICE heavy menstrual bleeding overview
- SOGC clinical practice guideline (PDF)
- Complementary therapies for heavy bleeding (PDF)