For health professionals
- Active Learning Modules (ALMs)
- Webinar library
- Practice points
- Resources - order
- Free monthly health articles
- Multilingual resources
- Professional development seminars
- Women's health course
Presenter: Dr Margaret Sherburn PhD FACP
- Manager of Physiotherapy, The Royal Women's Hospital, Melbourne
- Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy, Melbourne School of Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne
Download the slides (PDF)
- What are the clinical issues for pelvic floor fitness and dysfunction?
- What is the evidence?
- Anatomy of pelvic floor
- Risk factors for dysfunction and management options
- Have an increased understanding of the risks and causative factors of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Be able to identify who is at-risk of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Become familiar with treatment and referral options for patients/clients
- Be able to advise patients/clients on safe exercises for pelvic floor
- Have increased knowledge of appropriate exercises for pelvic floor strengthening
RACGP QI&CPD Program
To receive RACGP QI&CPD points, you must first complete Pelvic floor fitness: Part 2.
Join us at our next webinar
Women’s health across cultures: enhancing your approach
This webinar will explore a range of important issues relating to working with women from multicultural and multifaith backgrounds.