- Active Learning Modules (ALMs)
- Webinar library
- Practice points
- Resources - order
- Free monthly health articles
- Multilingual resources
- Professional development seminars
- Women's health course
Professor Jane Fisher, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAPS
Academic Clinical Psychologist
Jean Hailes Professor of Women's Health and Director Jean Hailes Research Unit, Monash University
Dr Deidre Bentley, MBBS
General Practitioner and Educator
Ms Jan O'Connell, RN, RM, Grad Dip MCH/CHN
Maternal & Child Health Nurse and Parenting Consultant
Download the slides (PDF)
Pre-reading material (all PDFs)
- BMJ Open article by Fisher et al 2016
- What Were We Thinking! e-resources
- Parents stories from the field - for discussion
This webinar will:
- identify common risks for postnatal mental health problems among parents of infants
- introduce new and practical ways of addressing these risks in your practice
- demonstrate evidence-informed e-resources for practitioners to use with parents
Click the links below to access specific points in the webinar...
- Recognise modifiable risks for perinatal depressive, anxiety and adjustment disorders
- Implement evidence-informed strategies using e-mental health resources, to build skills and promote health adjustment among new parents.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This webinar is activity number 87243. It is accredited with 3 category 2 CPD points.
NOTE: This is a Category 2 activity, and does not count towards a GP's RANZCOG accreditation.
Download the RACGP feedback form.
This webinar has also been endorsed by the Australian Nursing & Midwifery Association, the Australian Association of Social Workers, and the Australian Community Workers Association as a CPD activity.
These resources were referred to during the webinar for further reading and information: