A one-day course for doctors and health professionals
The Successfully Working with Women and their Health course has been developed in collaboration with PapScreen Victoria and the Melbourne Medical School to provide a comprehensive women's health education program. It is primarily aimed at overseas-trained doctors yet is suitable for other health professionals who may wish to refresh their knowledge or upskill in women's health. The course is designed to be engaging, informative, interactive and practically based and encourages the involvement of participants.
The full day of training combines information delivery with opportunities for interactive learning in the first half of the day. This is followed by a fully supervised practical session with Clinical Teaching Associates in the second half of the day, to develop practical examination skills.
- Assessment of the well woman
- Menopause management
- Violence against women
- Cancer screening
- Sensitive examinations of women – a practical clinical session on conducting breast and pelvic examinations of women
Course accreditation (RACGP QI&CPD, ACRRM)
Course participants are eligible for:
- 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points
- PDP points - 30 PRDP
- MOPS points - 30 O&G / Women's Health
Please note this course is not a Quality Improvement activity.
Predisposing and reinforcing activities are required to qualify for RACGP QI&CPD points. This includes pre-reading material and a pre and post course survey. Course participants must also complete the whole one-day course including the full sensitive examination session.
Aims of the course
- Provide knowledge and core skills in the assessment and management of a range of common disorders in the area of female reproductive health
- Provide a broad understanding of best-practice standards in the delivery of healthcare to women
- Provide practical learning opportunities in the clinical assessment of women
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meet the learning needs of practitioners working in rural and regional environments.
Participants completing this program will have:
- Increased knowledge and skill in the assessment and management of women's health across the age spectrum
- Increased knowledge and skill in preventative health and chronic disease prevention
- Ensured patient safety with the early identification and appropriate referral of women's health related conditions
- Increased awareness of patient health resources
- Improved skills in effective patient communication.
Upcoming dates for 2017
- Friday 31 March
- Friday 12 May
- Saturday 5 August
- Friday 6 October
University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria 3053
Registration fee $600.00
plus Eventbrite booking fee $27.99
plus GST 10%
Includes: morning tea and lunch, a comprehensive women's health resource pack, additional reading after the course.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued after all course requirements have been met.
- Victorian rural GPs and registrars are eligible to apply to the Rural Workforce Agency of Victoria (RWAV) for the Department of Health CPD for Rural GPs-Subsidy Program that can subsidise registration, travel and accommodation costs.
- Doctors recruited under the Victorian Overseas Trained Doctors Rural Recruitment Scheme (VORRS) have their course fees fully subsidised. They can apply to the RWAV for the Department of Health CPD for Rural GPs-Subsidy Program that can subsidise travel and accommodation costs.
Please contact RWAV on (03) 9349 7800 or go to rwav.com.au for information on how to apply for subsidy.
Terms and conditions
If bookings for a particular date are too low, the course will either be cancelled or rescheduled. If this is the case, you will be informed as soon as possible prior to the course.
All cancellations must be received in writing by Jean Hailes at least 10 working days prior to the scheduled course date. An administration fee of $100 per registrant will apply for cancellations. No refund will be given for cancellations made less than 10 working days prior to the scheduled course.
If you have anymore questions about the course please contact Jean Hailes - Education & Translation on 03 9903 8999 or send an email to the Health Professional Education team at email@example.com.